In episode 43, Cam interviews his first guest of the podcast.
Over 45 years later, Cam reconnects with Kim Clackson, a player Cam considers one of the toughest to ever play hockey.
Listen as Cam and Kim recount playing junior hockey together in the early 1970s and playing (and fighting!) against each other for years in the WHA.
Cam asks Kim if he was ever scared to fight and Kim talks about his hockey career, epic fights, regrets, and even 14 bench brawls in one season.
Hope you enjoy!
LISTEN HERE or wherever you listen to podcast.
Connect with Cam Connor:
LISTEN HERE and available wherever podcasts are available.
Episode 41 of the View From the Penalty Box is up. I was particularly touched by the Zamboni driver, David Ayres, playing in an NHL game so I discuss this moment and if anything like that ever happened when I played.
Other topics include:
- A Winnipeg Jets player (WHA) who was walking to the arena, gets robbed, stripped down to his underwear and has to try to convince security that he’s actually a hockey player.
- A listener asks if Cam has any stories about Mark Wells and the 1980s Olympic gold medal team. Cam talks about how the team winning gold was bad for his career and explains why. Talks about Mark Pavlich and the Smurfs line.
- Cam talks about Edmonton Oilers player Tyler Benson and what the Oilers coach did for Tyler that made Cam proud.
- Another listener asks who besides Cam is the only other player to play with both Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe.
- Did they really throw a moose leg on the ice when the Flin Flon Bombers won a game?
- A family member of Larry Hale writes in to talk about the legacy of Larry Hale.
Available wherever you listen to podcasts.
Cam and Kris are back and are sifting through the View from the Penalty Box mailbag.
Cam starts with his thoughts on the playoffs so far, including the Winnipeg Jets and Las Vegas Golden Knights.
-What’s the difference between a Goon and an Enforcer?
-How to tell when a player fakes a penalty
-Hockey player Pierre Larouche
-Thoughts on Brad Marchand licking other playings
-Is there a place for hazing in hockey?
-Why did he sleep in a dressing room over night (and froze doing so)?
-Cam talks about his regrets AFTER hockey and shares some real talk.
We want to hear from you!
Help support the podcast, merchandise is available (and on sale at 25% off): www.viewfromthepenaltybox.com/merch