- A one month check in on the current NHL season, would Cam Connor change his Stanley Cup pick? What times have caught his eye?
- A Paul Baxter update – we got some bad intel and he is doing great!
- Remembering Ted Green
- How tough was Ted?
- How did Ted get a steel plate in his head and why did he keep playing hockey?
- Cam talks about Ted’s inventor side and the products he invented.
- Donald Brashear working at Tim Hortons
- Tom Laidlaw and all those snakes on Survivor
- Cam rants on ‘the old guy’ name calling
- A listener asks for stories on Jeff Brubaker, Archie Henderson and Gary Rissling
- Cam answers a question on whether players on opposing teams should hang out the night before, go for dinner, etc…
- How goaltending has changed over the years.
- Who was the best goalie Cam ever played with?
You can find us anywhere you listen to podcasts.
Our last podcast of the hockey season is a doozy as Cam shares the sad story of being sued for $67 million and losing.
Also his thoughts on:
-The Washington Capitals winning the Cup
-Alexander Ovechkin celebrating his Cup win, was it too much?
-How will Las Vegas Golden Knights do next year?
-A listener asks for more Scotty Bowman questions so Cam explains why Bowman would whisper during practices
-How a power outage caused Cam to miss his flight (on gameday) during his time with the Montreal Canadiens
-Since this was recorded on Father’s Day, Kris asks Cam what it’s like to be a hockey playing father on the road while his kids are young
-Cam announces that he has confirmed his first teammate interview, to be aired sometime this summer, so make sure you subscribe for notifications.
Merchandise (25% off with this link): www.viewfromthepenaltybox.com/merch
Part 2 discusses Cam’s time with the Montreal Canadiens. We cover some fascinating topics including:
-Pranks while in the lockerroom and who was the prankster of the Canadiens?
-What cringeworthy thing did Cam do to former Canadian Prime Minister, Pierre Trudeau, after the Habs won the Cup?
-What’s it like to win the Cup, especially in Montreal?
-Cam discusses his well-known double OT goal in the Stanley Cup playoffs (over the Toronto Maple Leafs)
-The controversy of Cam’s name not being on the Stanley Cup
-Playing with the Habs Alumni legends team at the first Heritage Classic
Next week is everything New York Rangers!
Cam discusses what it was like to play for the Montreal Canadiens during their dynasty years and with 9 legendary hockey players that ended up making the Hockey Hall of Fame.
-What was it like to play in Montreal?
-How did Cam end up back in Montreal after choosing to play in the WHA?
-What were the fans like?
-Was it intimidating to play next to such legends?
-Stories about Guy Lafleur, Scotty Bowman, Ken Dryden and most of the 1978-79 Habs roster.
Cam also shares stories of his friend and teammate George McPhee and predicts how the new Las Vegas Golden Knights team will do in their first year.
He shares a side story about living in New York, including witnessing a John Gotti mob hit (against Paul Castellano).
Stay tuned for Part 2 which is a can’t miss episode where Cam describes what it’s like to win the Cup, scoring the double overtime goal and what he did to former Canadian Prime Minister, Pierre Trudeau, in the Montreal Canadiens lockerroom after winning the Stanley Cup!