- A one month check in on the current NHL season, would Cam Connor change his Stanley Cup pick? What times have caught his eye?
- A Paul Baxter update – we got some bad intel and he is doing great!
- Remembering Ted Green
- How tough was Ted?
- How did Ted get a steel plate in his head and why did he keep playing hockey?
- Cam talks about Ted’s inventor side and the products he invented.
- Donald Brashear working at Tim Hortons
- Tom Laidlaw and all those snakes on Survivor
- Cam rants on ‘the old guy’ name calling
- A listener asks for stories on Jeff Brubaker, Archie Henderson and Gary Rissling
- Cam answers a question on whether players on opposing teams should hang out the night before, go for dinner, etc…
- How goaltending has changed over the years.
- Who was the best goalie Cam ever played with?
You can find us anywhere you listen to podcasts.
*Available on any podcast platform – Itunes, Spotify, Google Play and more.
We’re back for episode 34. Topics include:
-Recapping the St Louis Blues Stanley Cup win (since we were on summer hiatus)
-Early predictions for the upcoming hockey season, what team will Cam choose?
-Tom Laidlaw on Survivor, how does Cam think he’s doing
-Cam says goodbye to his Dad
-What was the dirtiest arena to play in? Cam’s choice involves rats, garden hoses and cockroaches.
-Hockey fighting tales and Cam recalls a fight that would have barred him for life if it happened now
-What advice did Cam recently give Nugent Hopkins of the Edmonton Oilers
-Fighting with Paul Baxter
-What travel advice did Gordie Howe give Cam that he still follows today
-Was it easy for fans to sneak into the dressing room back in Cam’s day
Connect with Cam Connor:
Merchandise (25% off with this link): www.viewfromthepenaltybox.com/merch
We’ve received a lot of questions, so episode 15 is dedicated to answering some of these questions.
-Cam recounts a fight where he ended up getting chased by a guy carrying a double-bladed axe!
-Cam is asked about an epic fight he witnessed between Kim Clackson and Dave Semenko (who was defending Wayne Gretzky’s honor)
-A Paul Baxter story that Cam regrets to this day, and what may have been the first ever incident of a lawsuit based on “assault on the ice”
-How Cam felt being inducted into the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame
-Question about Kevin Bieksa’s Superman punch
-Cam talks about his teammate Mike Backman, who got into an on ice fight and received 58 stitches from ONE punch.
-Advice on stitches and what to put on a scar so it doesn’t scar as bad
-Cam’s asked about his big playoff goal (NY Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers)